Testimonials -- Akanksha



I really don’t know how to put in words the experience I had on being a part of the Kalimpong Project. It has been an immensely satisfying and an overwhelming experience for me. In fact it has been a really thought provoking experience which has made me ponder over the life we lead. We are usually so engrossed in our own lives that we fail to notice the sufferings and problems of the people around us.
This project gave me a chance to know the other part of the world. I am calling it ‘the other part’ because it is very different from the part in which I live. People there don’t have basic amenities like Hospitals, roads, Transportation facilities, Toilets, schools, etc. They lead lives full of hardships. Their children have to walk on very difficult hilly paths for hours to reach schools and to come back. For any kind of medical treatment they have to go to towns far away after spending a lot of time and money.
I was fortunate to go to St. Thomas School, Longshyel which is the most remote area of Kalimpong. NER group has donated solar lights there along with teaching learning material and water filters. It is hard to believe that even today electricity has not reached that place what to say about mobile networks. The whole village had gathered there when these lights were being installed to see what are electric lights. We can’t even imagine how grateful the people are for the various gifts they have received through this project.
I want to thank NER and EKIN that they gave me this opportunity to be a part of this project.  I would also like to praise EDI and GFF for the commendable work they are doing to uplift the underprivileged sections of society. Without them this Project would not have been possible. Very special thanks are due to Javier Morales, Ruben, Renu and of course Saom Namchu of GFF as this initiative would not have been possible but for their unstinted efforts and unflagging spirit.
I hope I will get a chance to be a part of such projects in future too.
Thank You,
Akanksha

Akanksha is an English teacher and trainer at EKIN. And she was one of the two very hard working project coordinators that managed to make this project a success.

1 comment:

  1. This project would not be possible without the guidance and help of Akanksha, She did a commendable job by coordinating this project over there, a big thanks to you Akanksha for managing this project so well it demonstrates your hard work and sense of responsibility.

    ReplyDelete